Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
Continuing with the theme that bacon makes everything better, and because I had half a pack of chicken tenderloins–exactly what part of the chicken is a tenderloin anyway?–and half a dozen strips of bacon left that I needed to do something with stat because it was approaching the use by date, I came up with this marvelously easy and delicious entree. Perfect for a weeknight dinner with flavor. Serves 2.
- 6 chicken tenders
- 6 slices of thick-cut, applewood smoked bacon
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season both sides of the chicken. There’s no measurement to this–depends wholly on how much spice you like.
- Arrange a wire rack over a baking sheet and spray it liberally with cooking spray.
- Wrap each tenderloin with a strip of bacon, securing each end with toothpicks. Lay out on the wire rack.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy on the outside.
Cook’s note: You could absolutely do this on the grill. We were just out of grill gas.