Pulled Pork Quesedillas with Queso Fresco and Mango Salsa
Continuing with my challenge to reinvent pulled pork for more than just sandwiches, I went for a Mexican flare with quesedillas. This was actually my first experience using queso fresco, which I’d picked up with the intention of trying to duplicate the corn in Nacho Libre. The mild flavor was a lovely compliment to the pork and peppers, and the sweet tang of the salsa was the perfect finishing touch.
- pulled pork
- 2 8 inch tortillas per quesedilla (for gluten free folks, La Tortilla Factory makes a very nice gf option)
- 1 ounce of queso fresco per quesedilla
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers per quesedilla
- mango salsa
- cooking spray
- Turn your oven to warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Lay in one tortilla.
- Sprinkle the queso over the top.
- Add the pork and peppers.
- Top with the other tortilla.
- Cook until the bottom is toasted, then carefully flip to toast the other side (I find a REEEEEEALLY wide spatula helps with this).
- If you’re cooking more than one quesedilla, shift the first one to a cookie sheet in the oven.
- When ready to serve, use a pizza cutter to slice the quesedillas into wedges.
- Serve with mango salsa.