Mango Pork Kebabs
My standby easy, summer, I-don’t-know-what’s-for-dinner food is kebabs. It’s so simple to just grab some kind of meat, whatever veggies are in the fridge, mix up a marinade, throw them on a skewer, and toss them on the grill. And hardly any dishes! Plus, they’re usually quite lean and a great way to take advantage of all the glorious fresh summer produce. Mangos were on special at the grocery, so I had an extra lying around and decided to pair it with pork (as I so often love fruit flavors with pork). The end results were marvelous. Serves 2 on its own. Would serve 3 to 4 if served with rice.
- 10-12 ounces of pork loin or chops cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 mango, pitted and peeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 ounces of baby bella mushrooms
- 2 sweet onions, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch kosher salt
- Pam for grilling
- Cut and chop all your meat and veggies. Add everything to a bowl.
- Mix the honey, lime juice, and cayenne pepper and drizzle over the kebab components. Stir well to coat.
- Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and stir again.
- Thread your kebabs on skewers of your choice (if you’re using wooden ones, soak them for half an hour first so they don’t catch on fire on the grill).
- Spray your grill surface with Pam for grilling or some other high heat cooking spray. With the sugars in the mango, this is ESSENTIAL.
- Preheat your oven to approximately 350 degrees.
- Grill the kebabs approximately 10 minutes a side, until pork is cooked through.
- Serve alone or over rice.