I’ve heard about polenta for years. Wondered about it. But I never tried it. Then I found out it was sort of like grits, except made with corn instead of hominy, and being a good southern girl, I love me some grits. So I finally tried it and OH MY GOOD LORD, it’s SO GOOD. It’s absolutely one of my new favorite foods. That first week, I think we ate it three days in a row. But I only recently remembered to actually, you know, take a picture because we usually INHALE it. Serves 2.
- 1 cup yellow corn meal (I like coarse ground by Bob’s Red Mill)
- 4 cups of chicken stock (you can use water, but I prefer the stock for more flavor)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- pinch of salt
- Bring the salt and stock to a boil.
- Whisking constantly, add the polenta.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to whisk constantly (careful! It can pop on you!) for about five minutes.
- Continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese and butter, stirring until well incorporated.