Gluten Free Friday: Chicken and Mushroom Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
I love the concept of Philadelphia’s Cooking Creme but I haven’t been so nuts about the high fat and calories. It’s BETTER than heavy whipping cream, but still not great. Enter the reduced fat version, which is a third less fat than the original. This is much more up my alley. I found the Italian cheese and herb flavor at my local grocery and of course that says one thing: PASTA. It’s got a great base flavor to mix with a lot of different things, which means a versatile sauce component. This was what I threw together with what was on hand.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (about half the container) of 1/3 less fat Italian cheese and herb Philadelphia Cooking Creme
- 4 ounces your favorite gluten free pasta (I recommend Tinkyada)
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Heat your oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the chicken until no longer pink.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until cooked down.
- Add the halved tomatoes and saute until they just start to break down.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cooking cream. Stir until well combined.
- Drain and rinse your pasta and add to the skillet and stir until well coated.
- Divide between two bowls and top with parm.